Our Faith and Covenant
Supporting The Church
About our Steeple
Events at the Church listed on our FB Page
and on our calendar
About Our Church
Now that you have found and visited our web site, why not come Sunday morning and join in our worship experience at 10:00 AM? (9:00 AM in the Summer). You will find our church nestled by the inner harbor of Manchester-by-the-Sea, centrally located on the village green, right off of Route 127. We have ample parking and are easily accessible from Route 128 (take the School St exit). We have direction to the right side of this page.
Here you will discover
our Federalist style, white clapboard, New England sanctuary that still uses a tracker organ (that is mechanical) built by the Hook Brothers. This exceptional instrument often brings a "feeling" of the music, as well as the "hearing" of the music (a detail I must remind my brides and groom of, less they think God is contacting them at the moment they head for the altar!). Nursery, Sunday School, and Youth Group are offered September to May most weekends at 10:00 AM. (At our Chapel, located on "Chapel Lane," a short walk from the Church behind our local bank).
What can you expect when you worship and join us at First Parish Church?
- A warm, inviting group of worshipers who come from differing religious backgrounds
- Inspiring music of varied styles and traditions from our choir that integrates the scriptural message and sermon themes
- A concerned, caring group of people who care for each other as well as for the area and world needy
- Hands on missions projects where people experience their faith at work and their gifts in action.
- Devotional Small Groups, Soup & Conversation, Book Group, Bible Study and additional educational programs offered throughout the year.
Our community is Congregational
in its operation and we are affiliated with the United Church of Christ
and its worldwide programs. We are a United Church
(covenanted) and a Uniting Church
(promoting ecumenical understanding and cooperation with all Christian and faith communities).
that everyone must constantly rethink and redefine their beliefs as God's word unfolds and our lives change. We join together affirming our common beliefs that come from differing covenants and confessions of faith. Many of our members are former Catholics, Methodists, Presbyterians, Quakers who have found the freedom and support they need to continue their faith journeys with us. We help people make Biblical truth a reality in their lives.
Come and experience it for yourself!
Annual Fund Thank You
Easter Baskets for Plummer Home
Soup & Conversation
Jazz Sunday Worship
Serving The Open Door