Sign up online to be a reader or greeter.
Coming by Route 128; travel North to Exit 15, School St., take a right and head towards Manchester. When School St. ends the Church will be in front of you. Take a right and a quick left beside Town Hall/Police Station. Parking is available behind the Town Hall.
Coming by Route 133: travel Route 133 East to Essex, after passing Woodman’s and Dunkin Donuts take a right on to Southern Ave. towards Manchester. Continue on Southern Ave. as it passes over Route 128 and turns into School St. in Manchester. When School St. ends the Church will be in front of you. Take a right and a quick left beside Town Hall/Police Station. Parking is available behind the Town Hall.
Location and Mailing Address:
- PO Box 187 , Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts 01944-0187
- The church is located on Rt 127, in the heart of downtown Manchester, (10 Central St.) directly adjacent to the Town Hall.
- The church office is located in the Chapel building, at 1 Chapel Lane, just down the street from the church and behind the Santander Bank building. Office hours are 9 am-noon, Monday-Friday.
- Phone: 978-526-7661 ext. 1.
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions to the Church:
- Currently held online at Facebook.com/FirstParishChurchManchesterMa
- 10:00 a.m. Sunday Worship from Labor Day through June 30th
- 9:00 a.m. Sunday Worship from July 1st through Labor Day
The Sacrament of Communion is open to all who are moved by the love and concerns of Jesus Christ, the first Sunday of each month and on Maundy Thursday during Holy Week. Communion, upon request, is offered to hospital patients and the homebound. The Sacrament of baptism is offered to those who make arrangements through the church office. Normally, baptism is a service of community celebration and arranged during our regular worship times.
- Transfer of membership
- Statement of faith
The church welcomes into the membership any person who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ and who proposes to love God with all one’s heart, mind, and strength, and to love one’s neighbor as one’s self. Members are expected to regularly attend services of this Church, to give conscientiously for its support and its charities, to share in its organized work and to extend its fellowship.
To learn more speak with our Minister, Mark Boyea, 978-526-7661 ext. 2 or email@example.com.
- There is parking for the church in the town lot behind the town hall or on adjoining streets.
- There is limited parking at the Chapel building.
Handicapped access (see map):
- To the Church from a ramp on the side of the building and adjoining the handicapped parking space.
- To the Chapel through the main door ramp.
*Please check for upcoming services on our homepage or by calling 978-526-7661 ext. 1 due to limited in person participation.
Christmas Eve, December 24th, Candlelight Services are offered at both 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. The 5:00 p.m. service is a family service designed for child participation, while the 7:00 p.m. service is a community celebration of Christmas readings and carols.
Ash Wednesday celebrates the beginning of Lent and is followed every other week by three vesper services, the final one being Maundy Thursday, the Thursday of Holy Week, a celebration of the Tenebrae (meaning shadow) of the Lights with Holy Communion. The Tenebrae worship is preceded by a Passover Meal held in the Chapel.
First Parish Church is pleased to be involved in two ecumenical services during Holy Week. Good Friday Service, held at 12:00 noon, is celebrated by ministers from the Baptist, Catholic, Episcopal, and Congregational faiths; the location is rotated between area churches. Easter Sunrise Service is celebrated on Singing Beach (at the end of Beach Street) Easter morning with each faith community participating. Easter Worship is held in the First Parish Church, Congregational sanctuary at 10:00 a.m.
- Sunrise Service on Singing Beach (a multi denominational service).
- Regular worship 10 AM.
The flowers that decorate our altar each Sunday are usually contributed by a family to commemorate a significant occasion. What a beautiful way to share with the church community both the happy occasions of your immediate family (baptism and weddings) and the loss and remembrance of loved ones.
We hope that you, as a new member, will consider sharing with us these significant moments in your life, while helping to decorate our church on Sundays. Call the office at 978-526-7661 to indicate the Sunday you would like to contribute flowers to the altar.
Flowers may be ordered through any florist you choose. In most cases, the florist will take responsibility for delivering the flowers directly to the church.
Church office hours:
- Monday-Friday 9-12 PM
- Our Chapel building is available for rentals. We have a large hall and smaller conference room. Please call for availability and pricing.
- Wedding dates can be checked by calling 978-526-7661 ext 1 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to check the availability of the pastor and Church.
- Our Church is available for Weddings, learn more