Leader of Children and Youth Programs
First Parish Church Congregational, Manchester by the Sea MA
Under the general direction and supervision of the Minister, the Leader will reimagine and revitalize our programs for children and youth with the following primary tasks:
- Develop and lead the Middle and High School Youth Programs of the Church.
- Be responsible for development and choice of curriculum materials for church school for grades K-5, taking particular care to ensure that the materials are fresh, contemporary, and aligned with theological perspective of the Minister and adult Congregation.
- Recruit and supervise volunteer teachers for grades K-5 taking care to ensure that they receive sufficient training and support to enable them to be effective and work with high morale. The Leader will also be expected to teach individual classes when and if necessary for the effectiveness of the program.
- In collaboration with the parents, CE Committee, Vitality Committee and Minister, plan social or holiday group events attractive for this community and which help connect them to the broader Congregation.
- Take primary responsibility for outreach to families with children, paying particular attention to the opportunity to establish contact with those who are new to the community. More broadly, be responsible for maintaining the connection of the parents of children in the program to the program and the Congregation as a whole.
- Maintain and implement applicable health and safety policies in all programs, including Safe Church and CORI qualification as appropriate.
The successful candidate for this position will be expected to bring an entrepreneurial spirit, warmth, and enthusiasm to the program. Formal training in religion or religious education is a plus but not a requirement. This is initially envisioned as a part time position. Hours can be flexible but will include Sunday mornings and participation in the general life of the church. Compensation is negotiable and will be commensurate with qualifications. Exact starting date is negotiable but is intended to be early summer 2020 to provide for the launch of a revitalized program in September. Background information regarding First Parish Church may be found at www.firstparishchurch.org
Applicants are invited to submit resumes to the attention of the Office Manager:
First Parish Church Congregational
PO Box 187
Manchester, MA 01944