Christmas Eve services details here
Blue Christmas “Silent Nights” Service click to view information
Once Upon a Night Cantata read more
Sunday morning Worship December 19, 2021
10 AM in person at 10 Central St. Manchester by the Sea
Watch online on Facebook @ FirstParishChurchManchesterMa
Fourth Sunday of Advent
“It’s Better to Light a Candle”
Rev. Dr. Mark Boyea, Minister
Dr. Herman Weiss, Director of Music
Rebecca Shrimpton, Paul Knox, First Parish Choir
Reader, John Feuerbach
During worship the First Parish choir will present ‘Once Upon a Night’, by Pepper Choplin.
First presented here in 2019 it tells the story of the birth of Jesus and the great anticipation that led to that joyous event. Told through the eyes of Luke (here portrayed by Rev. Dr. Mark Boyea) the biblical characters Mary, Elizabeth and Zechariah come to life in drama and song.
- CURRENT COVID PROTOCOLS TO CONTINUE
Please note that at a special meeting on Tuesday, November 30, the First Parish Church Council unanimously voted to continue our current Covid protocols for Sunday morning Worship. Even though the Town Board of Health decided to move from an indoor mask mandate to a policy of “masks strongly recommended but not mandatory”, the Council felt that, considering the start of the holiday travel season, winter weather, and the emergence of a new Covid variant, we should continue our current procedure of requiring all in attendance to wear masks, with the exception of Rev. Mark, Rebecca and Paul when performing solos, and the Choir when they are singing in the front of the Chancel.
The Council will continue to assess these protocols on a regular basis.
- Sunday Morning Gathering Procedures:
- Attendees are expected to wear masks and distance if possible.
- Worship Leaders will not need to be masked.
- The congregation may participate in hymn singing and the Opening Prayer.
- In addition, we will continue with the following:
- Contact info for attendees will still be taken in the event contact tracing becomes necessary.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the narthex should you wish to use it.
- There will continue to be no formal Offering for now, but attendees are invited to place any offering they wish as they leave Worship in a plate which will be placed at the back of the Sanctuary.
At the same time, remember that “Virtual Worship” is also here to stay so that we can continue to be one in Worship wherever you may be on any Sunday.